If you are a regular reader of the blog, then you will know just how disorganised I am. I am never one to panic, but sometimes I am so relaxed things just don’t get done at all. My hospital bag has been one of those things…as this is my fourth child and never going into spontaneous labour previously I have taken it for granted that I need to have one prepared. But the nagging from people has got to me and I know I need to have some basics sorted for the immanent arrival. But where do you start???
All my problems were solved with http://www.bagsofessentials.co.uk/they sell complete Maternity bags for hospital, filled with all the little bits I never would of dreamt I needed, but probably would kick myself for not having.
First up you have to pick a funky design for your bag, there is different colours so something to suit every taste. I decided on animal print, that is then it- you are then sorted. Just pay and everything is done for you, it arrives all packed and ready to use!
Included in the bag is:
- Pack of 10 night towels with wings
- 2 x breastpads
- 35ml Oceana travel shampoo & shower gel
- 35ml Oceana Travel shampoo & conditioner
- Oceana compressed face flannel
- 30ml Oceana body lotion
- Travel toothbrush and toothpaste
- 35ml travel deodorant
- Folding handbag hairbrush with mirror
- Hairband (perfect for tying hair back during labour)
- Lip balm (lips tend to get very dry during labour, especially if using gas & air)
- Pack of pocket tissues (for those new baby tears – and Dad!)
- Jotter pad & pen (we all suffer from what I call pregnancy brain, so great for jotting stuff down that you may have forgotten)
- Pack of wrigleys gum (to help with any nausea)
- 8 x Huggies organic cotton nappies – newborn size 1 (4-11lb)
- 8 x fragranced nappy sacks
- Pack of baby wipes
- 10 cotton wool balls
- 10 cotton buds
BABY ESSENTIALS EXTRA:
- 100% cotton white or lemon muslin square (that all important item that Mums cannot do without!)
- 100% cotton white or cream newborn baby hat
- 100% cotton white pair of anti-scratch mitts
- 100% cotton white newborn sleepsuit
You can buy your own Bags of Essentials Prepacked Maternity Bag for just £30 plus P&P. A very good price in my opinion considering what is included and the fact you get a good quality bag which you can reuse many many times!
Check out Bags of Essentials at http://www.bagsofessentials.co.uk