Legoland’s Driving School
Windsor is located in southeast England. This monumental city contains over 1,000 years of history and culture. Visitors can take part in many activities including LEGOLAND Windsor. LEGOLAND’s parks are located in several areas throughout the world including California, Florida and Malaysia. Each of these parks offer a driving experience for children as young as 3 and as old as 13, and LEGOLAND Windsor offers a driving experience that these youngsters aren’t soon to forget.
The L-Drivers ride is one of the most popular rides at LEGOLAND Windsor. The ride is designed for children ages 3-5 years old. Children and their parent or guardian will first undergo a brief training session so that they can get familiar with this ride. During this session a picture of the child is taken for their “driver’s licence”.
The children will then undergo driving lessons where they sit in a car, buckle their seat belts and are instructed on how to drive their car. The controls are pretty basic: push the single pedal to move the car forward and turn the steering wheel left or right depending on where they want to go.
Once they’ve the hang of the controls, the children are allowed to drive around the oval track by themselves without their parent or guardian. Once the ride is over the children step out and are given a LEGOLAND Driver’s Licence complete with a picture of themselves. It’s as close to the real thing as a little one could hope to get!
Children with the motor skills to accurately turn the steering wheel with a degree of accuracy will have the most success on this ride. If the kids want to earn their licence, you’ll have to make sure you visit this particular attraction early: it’s among the most popular at the park and the lines can build up pretty quickly.
Once children reach the age of 6 then can proceed to the ride Driving School. This ride is intended for children up to 13 years old.
The kids will first watch an instructional video that tells them about the rules of LEGOLAND’s roads, road signs as well as vital info about the controls of their little car. A picture is taken of them for their LEGOLAND Windsor Drivers Licence and the children are allowed to pick out their own car on the track.
The kids can drive their miniature electric cars around the compound for about five minutes. Once that time limit is up, the electricity to their car is remotely cut off and the drivers will proceed to the exit where they will receive their LEGOLAND Windsor Driver’s Licence.
Important stuff to know before you visit the LEGOLAND driving school:
- Only one driver is allowed in each car.
- Parents will have to sit on the sidelines and watch their child.
- Children can only go on this ride if they can sit without assistance and have upper and lower body control.
- Children with neck or back problems, high blood pressure, a heart condition or a broken limb cannot use this ride for safety reasons.
- To ensure that the child is between the ages of 6 and 13 LEGOLAND employees may ask the parent to provide proof that the child is the appropriate age. This can be done by showing a valid passport or other form of photo identification. A photocopy is acceptable.
- As with L-Drivers, the wait for this ride can be quite long at certain times.
- After having a go on either of these attractions, your KIDS will ask you if thy can drive your car. You should probably say no.